Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hey Folks!
After a while without any post here something (new):

Today I saw my first living kangaroo in the bush around Charters Towers (130 k west of Townsville). I've seen some before, but they were either lying dead on the street or in our frying pan. Unfortunately I was there to check out possible targets for my thesis and therefore my cam was at home.
The landscape outside of Townsville is exactely how one would expect it: red soil, eucalyptus trees, creeks... The farmers there are seriously pissed about mining, mining industry and geologists. I think the one we met considered to shoot us when we walked over his land. Hopefully not everybody there has bad experiences with our kind. Otherwise I should consider to buy a bulletproof vest. The heat in the bush is just awesome because the sun in burning the whole day and the black rocks out there intensify the heat even more. I'm looking forward to proof myself in the wilderness and I'm excited about the solotrips I have to do there.

Karl said he hasn't done that much - just studying all the time. For me this sounds like a good program for the first semester. We really have to do some kind of trip on the weekend to compensate for the weeks.

Greetings from Down Under!

No comments:

Post a Comment